Music Banter - View Single Post - A Key to the Arcade on the corner
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2019, 12:14 PM   #93 (permalink)
Key

I'm excited for Anthem

Yep, and apparently people are already assuming it's going to be trash or a Destiny clone, but I dont like to just read reviews for a release and base my opinion just from that. Personal experience goes a long way and it especially helps with a game that's meant to be pretty big.

I did the same thing for both Monster Hunter World and Fallout 76. While one became a humongous disappointment in many ways, I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Monster Hunter World. Fallout is just another story altogether but we've heard that before.

With Anthem, I wanted to give it the same treatment. And this is honestly the first time in a long time when I decided to pre order the game and play the demo. Even though they were keeping a lot of stuff secret, my time with the demo was certainly positive. I'm looking forward to seeing what the rest of the game has to offer.

I'm not even a stranger to the genre at all since I have plenty of time in Warframe and very minimal experience with Destiny, but I like the genre enough to see if another game can push the envelope. Plus, I'll support Obsidian time and time again for what they've brought to the gaming world. Some people anticipate this'll be the game that breaks Obsidian but I think they've got plenty under their sleeves to make a game that's both great and fun. And, I like spending countless hours finding loot and killing enemies. Before you know it you've spent the whole day just killing off bad guys and leveling up. Its a thrill and one I've always appreciated.

Realistically speaking tho, I wouldnt be surprised if Anthem didnt break any boundaries when it comes to the genre, but I'm also not expecting them to just blow it like Bethesda did. I'm expecting a good game that I'm probably going to enjoy for a while. Like I said,I've played many hours of Warframe and I still have fun playing that. So itll be cool to sort of have the PS4 equivalent of that.

The game comes out this week and since I already have the pre order and all that, I'll be ready to go once it launches. So, perhaps I'll be attached to my couch all weekend. And that's a-ok in my book.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote