Music Banter - View Single Post - Do you agree or disagree with the people that says 80s music is dated?
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2019, 04:58 PM   #16 (permalink)
SmokeAndMirrors
Music Addict

I like some 80s music, just not much of it. I know a handful of people though who absolutely love it for nostalgia reasons (all of which are between 33 and 40 in age). I don't typically opt to listen to it. 80s Thrash Metal was some good stuff, and there are a couple of pop hits here and there that I do like for one reason or another but it on the general whole just feels a little to corny to me. 80's horror movies were also notoriously corny. Every now and then, I like a little bit of corny-ness, I've just gotta be in the very rare mood for it (or, just drunk and/or stoned). I was born in 88, so I grew up mostly in the 90s, so my nostalgia is with that stuff. But I also grew up with the rise of the internet and personal computers, so I had access to things across the planet. So for me, for example, 2nd wave Black Metal is actually a bit nostalgic for me, because even though I live in the middle of nowhere in Central East Coast Florida, I can remember listening to Mayhem, Darkthrone, and Bathory a lot when I was 15 and 16 in school (which was pretty rare during that time period at my school, in fact I was probably the only one at that time at my age in my local area that even knew what that subgenre was).