Music Banter - View Single Post - What Concerts Are You Going To In The Next Few Months
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2019, 10:20 PM   #4787 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by tel View Post
Steve hackett is still flogging the "Genesis revisited" model with another tour at the end of this year, despite my scepticism i'll be there, he will be performing selling england by the pound in its entirety so whats not to like?
I got the chance to see Steve Hackett perform live. The highlight for the show was they did a rendition of Firth Of Fifth. His brother played the flute, which I thought was cool that he gets to jam onstage with his brother.

I got to see a Canadian tribute band do the Selling England by the Pound tour. The band was called The Musical Box, not sure if you heard of them. If I am not mistaken they got to use the actual slide show from Genesis. It was one of the most awesome events I've ever witness.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote