Music Banter - View Single Post - I found out about you less than 90 minutes ago.
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2019, 01:37 AM   #43 (permalink)
DMBFFF
I like the green.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rostasi View Post
Really. You’re comparing a single post with a single link that takes you to a
music mix that can be listened to at one’s leisure with a post with huge numbers
of links and graphic variations that you are essentially tied to as a reader. Really.
Huh?

I went to your profile page and clicked a 3-page long thread in which you posted a few 10s of hours of music. Hey, I'm far from complaining. I'm still listening to that Chacarero, TYVM. I tried listening to the first post of your Random Radio thread. 24 minutes into the 3:15:47 Random Radio 013: electrophotomural audio, I thought: "Yeah, he's right. Not quite the music you listen to while sitting in front of a computer." Maybe I'll try again later while doing other stuff.

"tied to as a reader"?

You sound like you were Mr. Spock trying to end a mind meld with Nomad.

Is your habit of taking threads with names such as "women who sing male POV songs by men, without changing the gender-specific pronouns" (where you most likely first replied to a post or posts of mine) that seriously, or listening to a Lez Zeppelin video as if it was one by Jesse Cook?

Do you have similar problems with multi-page threads—say over 10 pages—most filled with links?

If so, you must be having a particularly hard time coping with this century.

I can imagine people who hate heavy metal or even the Stones not clicking covers of such on my thread, but they might like the Beatles. Ditto the reverse. If they listened to 5% of it, I'd be happy. Of course, the more the merrier, but again it isn't required—and I think that's understood—at least by most who venture in.

The big issue then with a lot of people was that I didn't spoil my videos (particularly on that thread). Chalk it up to the act of a n00b. I didn't know. Now I do. Thank you, kind elder—No!—I take that back: you didn't help; you just wagged your finger about the length of my posts.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBFFF View Post
also,
(my bold)
Quote:
The original methods and creation of electronic music was
sound-based and not rhythm-based (as it is today for most
people under 30 years old) and so there’s a generational
difference when it comes to a definition of “electronic music.”
you mean music like this?:

[Doctor Who Theme Tune (original)]
… and, yes, Delia’s library music work (and Dissevelt too, for that matter)
are representations of what I had said. Only two of many, many works tho.
Oh I'm sure she has a lot of stuff where rhythm isn't too important or even present, but that Dr. Who track started with a bit of a beat.

Quote:
but I dread having to
spend so much time and extreme effort going thru such excessive contortions
of prose in all of its lavender glory coupled with an hour of link-clicking and spastic,
flop-all-over-the-page text-scooting that uses occasional coloring that edges toward
disappearing in order to decipher your paint-splattered thought processes.
Then don't.

Btw, you too have a way with words.

I myself am converting the Psych Latin Amereekah videos into MP3s to listen all at once on a player.

Quote:
It’s like having a horrible roommate who pours so much milk into his morning cereal
that it flows out onto the countertop and onto the floor. When you ask him about it,
his answer is that you can just take your time eating it off the floor - or just ignore it.
That analogy, or attempt thereof, makes even less sense than the flashlight one on the elph on the shelf thread. He and I had a playful game-of-sort in a political thread—apparently there're not a lot of Bono fans in this forum—and it carried over to his thread. I posted. He said I'm not allowed. I made a statement of presence with a long post. You posted an amusing if yet exaggerated piece of sarcasm, Maria gave up a pic, Neapolitan gave us an altered one, elphenor showed magnanimity, I (I think) returned it, I edited my long post—did some chopping, and now we're friends (at least I consider him one of the good guys).

In what you posted, I might be making a mess, but I haven't used up all the milk. If milk is the content of one's posts, then we all produce milk. You need eat nothing off the floor, you produce your own milk. If the kitchen is this forum, then we aren't roommates because neither of us own it. It belongs to whomever owns this forum, and there are a number of us using it. A better analogy is that we had breakfast at a cafeteria and I overdid it with the milk. Don't worry about it, some employee will clean it up. What it has to do with how people deal with my (alleged at least) verbosity, I don't know. Most ignore it, a few joke about it or say "wtf." You seem the most bothered—unless elphenor is (super) serious about the post he made in the Britney-versus-Nirvana thread.

Another analogy is that I made tea for a number of MB members, half-filling beer mugs with it, and topping them off with half-and-half.

Some joke, "did you put enough milk in the tea?" or "you like your milk with tea," and you complain about it.

Everyone leaves the table and go to another one—maybe take turns making tea. Maybe a few use it as a creamer.

or people share 355 mL cans of pop and I hand out 2 L bottles—"too much."

Quote:
In other words, a complete self-centered disregard for other people (on a social site too).
either that or I'm simply verbose at times and/or in the opinion of you (and perhaps others) at times make hard-to-read posts.

Again, don't read them.

I suppose a few are.

Why are you on this site? To post a lot of music for others to listen which you think is good, and that you happen to like it is just a coincidence?

I've listened to several hours of music here that I either don't like, or if it was playing on the radio, I wouldn't turn the station, but neither would I stop everything to give it a good listen. A few, including a few of yours, I have liked. Aside from the semi-joking thread or semi-joking post, I have made attempts at times to constructively add to this site, however flawed, even pathetic, the effort and results may be.

It's further proof that I'm a self-centered jerk (on this very social site).
DMBFFF is offline   Reply With Quote