Music Banter - View Single Post - Official Mental Health Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2019, 05:46 PM   #315 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Dude. It’s not enough that she didn’t say no. Consent means saying yes. No definitely means no but silence doesn’t equal yes. The way you imagine I **** and the way I actually **** are so incredibly different.

I actually think it might be a self-esteem problem on your part. Is it difficult for you to picture a woman who wants to have sex?

Put the image of a woman who wants to **** me in your head. That’s the only woman I’ll ****. If that’s not good enough for you then you’re probably a rapist.
I guess if you have to have a hard yes/no qualification for consent then you're probably not looking hard at how "yes" can be qualified. Yes and no can be qualified for all sorts of things, and consent qualifies as "sorts of things". There's plenty of instances of whatever where explicit yes can still make me go "yeah... seems sketchy".
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote