Music Banter - View Single Post - Universal Basic Income or Class Warfare
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2019, 11:41 AM   #730 (permalink)
Blarobbarg
Do good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Anyone who doesn’t think a grand a month would help and provide psychological security ain’t never really been dead broke poor.

It’s seriously the least objectionable proposal any politician has ever made.

“What’s up?”
“I got $1000 bucks I want to give you.”
“WTF ******* that doesn’t cover all my bills. **** you.”

Seriously?

Give me yours if it sucks so bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
Agreed. It's literally the best idea I've ever heard from any would-be government official. A super improved version of the late 60's UBI concept.

Every other Democratic Party proposal basically boils down to taking more of my money for a public good I can't quantify. It doesn't put a single dollar in my pocket or improve my overall quality of life, at least until you address the fundamental problems (over the top healthcare costs, out of control insurance companies, lobbyists bending the Democratic Party and Republican Party backwards to their whims, etc.)

An extra 12 grand every year with no strings attached would make a massive difference in almost everyone's lives. The middle class would spend more, people normally stuck in lower income brackets would have more mobility, etc. You could actually quantify the positive effect even at the community level.
I’m not saying it wouldn’t help. I’m just saying it wouldn’t last. I would LOVE $1000 a month if everything else stayed the same, but it probably won’t and there’s no way that republicans at the state level won’t make it insanely difficult and complicated to insure that no poor people will benefit it from the policy.

I’m no economist so maybe I just don’t understand it.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ ^my RYM^  。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

(◠‿◠✿)
Blarobbarg is offline   Reply With Quote