Music Banter - View Single Post - 3 peice outfit
Thread: 3 peice outfit
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2006, 04:03 PM   #18 (permalink)
DontRunMeOver
They call me Tundra Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo
True, but i think with the right tuning, some effort and musical know how, you could pick 3 random instruments and make a good ensemble with them.
That's true. It'd be difficult to play really rhythmic music with many combinations, but you can always get good music out of any selection of instruments if you've got the talent for it.

Quote:
I see potential in a rock band that consists of Accordian, Banjo, Tuba and Fiddle.
Me too. I heard a string quartet that used effects pedals once and made rhythm sounds by tapping their instruments at oppotune moments. Its was amazing.

Quote:
Im serious, think about it, Banjos can be used for both their rhythmic and percussion potential, Arcordian could be used mainly for rhythm and harmony, Tuba would be the obvious bass instrument and Fiddle could be the lead.
Yeah, I agree. Just need to make it heavier and we're rockin'.

Quote:
Agreed, a electric guitar tone can be adjusted to duplicate tones from just about any other type of instrument.
Yes. With the right work and electronics involved, that could become true of many instruments. Its just that the focus recently has been on the guitar, so its currently more flexible.
DontRunMeOver is offline   Reply With Quote