Music Banter - View Single Post - Brexit? Yay or Nay.
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2019, 08:56 PM   #794 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
Isn't that the point of Brexit, they see the EU as an inflamed appendix ready to burst and they want it out of their lives?
^ Yes, some see it that way, but some don't.
Original Referendum results: 51.9% Leave to 48.1% Remain, so that was a 3.8% victory for Brexiteers. Apparently though, after three years of ineffectual negotiating and mounting concern, a lot of people are regretting their Leave votes. This chart (in the All Adults line) suggests that opinions have shifted significantly towards Remain:-

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post

Pretty straight forward
^ Yes, it started simply enough, but rather like a progressive illness, no one imagined at the start how tortuous and painful it would become. I'm not sure how current this chart is, but it gives some idea of how complex the options are becoming. This chart is indicative of the current self-obsessed British political viewpoint and it only shows what the Brits are trying to decide among themselves. They are planning yet another vote on Wednesday, but may find that on the Thursday, Brussels will be boot them out without a deal whether they like it or not.