Music Banter - View Single Post - Album Club 2019: Dissona - Paleopneumatic
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 09:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
You brought up Enslaved so I’ll address it. This is inferior in every way and certainly isn’t more “bonkers”.

Nea was harsh but on target I think - we’ll, I don’t know his references

But it strikes me as generic emo-screamo

Glossy and uninteresting

3/10

I still think you have great taste but not feeling this
I will apologize for being cryptic with my references. I provided audio sample of those references below so you may understand those references.

However I hesitate apologizing for being "harsh" cause what I said about the album is neither here nor there in the spectrum of "nicest to harshest things that were ever said on Music Banter." I always feel like I get ripped (apart) for my music taste. I don't think I am being as bad as other people here. You could find fans of any of those references somewhere in the world. So in some remote circles they could be seen as praise. I guess it's all depends on how you look at it. Like what side of the fence you stand with those bands/artists.

I am not to trying to be "harsh." I am just calling them as I see them (or hear them). They were just things that came to mind as I struggled to listen this album.

Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Wizards in Winter

My Top 8 Visual Kei Bands
N.B. Not my top 8, but
Mintsugakookies' Top 8. It has to do more with the guitar solos. Not everything that goes into a Visual Kei song.

Andrew Lloyd Weber was (is) a English composer, specializing mostly in musicals. His lyricists was (is) Tim Rice. At one time they were well known on Broadway as Lennon & McCartney, or John & Taupin was well known in the Pop music.
The Music of the Night - Andrew Lloyd Webber's The Phantom of the Opera

Sega video game music
Sega Game Music Vol.1 - Space Harrier

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards

Last edited by Neapolitan; 03-25-2019 at 11:30 PM.
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote