Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2019, 08:03 PM   #60737 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
My direct manager got promoted so one of my coworkers got promoted to manager.

One of my jobs is to make crab cakes. Crab cakes are labor intensive af and surprisingly hard to get right. There’s a very narrow sweet spot between too runny and too much panko (bread crumbs).

So the new manager takes like an hour to retrain me on these things and he adds two quarts of panko to a recipe that makes about 70 three ounce crab cakes. That’s a **** ton of panko! I was like dude if the chef sees me adding all this panko he’s gonna flip. Don’t worry about Chef I make the recipe you just tell chef to talk to me. I’m doing the recipe now.

An hour of time in a busy restaurant is a ****ing eternity. He’s being like meticulous af with every ****ing detail. All my other **** is getting backed up. My station looks chaotic. Someone else is having to pick up my tickets (actually do the cooking).

In walks Chef. WTF is with these crab cakes?!?!? How much ****ing panko is did you put in here?

New manager immediately: Just forget it Occult. Do it the old way.

Me: Dude! Grow a spine!

I answer to people at work just like you.

But you said you write the recipe...

Chef: Occult! Just make the ****ing things. How much time have you wasted?

Me: Yes sir.

lol
Occult Hawk: takes ten minutes to tell everyone he did what his boss told him to
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote