Music Banter - View Single Post - Worst band on earth?
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2006, 02:15 AM   #514 (permalink)
Don
Account Disabled

Quote:
Tempus Fugit.
We both know the bass it's good, but it's not overly impressive.

Quote:
I can understand how you dont like them easly, what i cant understand is that you give reasons for why you hate them such as them being boring, emotionless and directionless when all those things apply to your favorite band.

I think it makes you very biased.
Who's the one changing their mind now? I recall you saying that you couldn't understand why I don't like Yes because I like DT. And “boring, emotionless and direction-less?” can someone reading this please tell me what they think of that Hollow Years link I've referred to several times? If they think it's emotionless or whatever, then I'll be concerned.

Quote:
None, but i find Toxic and Im A Slave For You to be a little catcy so i can easly say that in my eyes Britney Spears makes better music than Dream Theater.
The strings in “Toxic” are great and um...what was I saying? Yeah, once again you've “flop-flopped,” as you put it, because first you said Yes are inaccessible and now you're saying that being catchy is a part of being good.

Quote:
So all british singers suck because they have a accent?
Nah, Bruce ****inson's pretty great. I recall saying Anderson's voice is also weak and fragile, way to ignore that part.

Quote:
A lot of them are rehashed Iron Maiden harmonies if you ask me.
Do you even read what you type? Rehashed harmonies?? lol everyone does the typical major 4th or 5th harmonies. But my point was just saying that DT have made good harmonies, but you just bring it back to an issue about originality again. And you ignored my ACoS question, so I'm guessing you haven't heard it. It's generally regarded as DT's greatest piece so complaining about DT without hearing that epic masterpiece is close to blasphemy.

Quote:
For 8 years.
And yet, you don't know the difference between the key a song's in and time signatures??? Fire your teacher, then sue them.

Quote:
So i'll just go right ahead and say you're a dumbass.
I didn't know someone can be a dumbass for using hyperbole as a form of satire.

Quote:
I take it you havent heard it?
Wow, again you're so witty! I wish I could be like you, and just be locked away in an ignorant world where everyone must like what I like because there isn't another possiblity. But to answer your question: I remember telling you I've heard every Yes album, so I think that means I've heard it? Oh wait a second, no I haven't because my Relayer album didn't contain the first track for some reason.

Quote:
No thanks, i dont like to download stuff that i know i am going to have to delete eventualy.

Later on you say you've heard all of DT's albums though. So now being a liar has been added to your repertoire

Quote:
It still helps that no band really sounded like Yes before Yes.
Again, helps what? Someone's taste? And you keep saying you like Yes for the music...

Quote:
Yeah, no band did that before Dream Theater either.
You can't rebut me on a point which I wasn't arguing with you on. You explicitly said: “they[DT] arent doing anything that practicly every other 70s prog band hasnt done before."

Quote:
But making it sound new and fresh wouldnt hurt.
So you're basically crucifying DT for being 20 years younger than Yes. Let's all be like you and only like bands who are innovative, how fun and close-minded.

Quote:
I hate DT for many reasons, Petrucci for example is one of the most annoying guitarists this side of Zakk Wylde.
Ermmm, what's annoying about him? The fact that he has talent and expresses himself in a different way than most of your fav bands besides Symphony X?...Romeo's style is quite similar to Petrucci's (although obviously more like Malmtseen's) and he loves Petrucci, so go figure.

Quote:
No it isnt true, you have never proved it.
Nice logic there, I hope you aren't in school, because that'd be a waste of everyone's time, effort, and money.

Quote:
I would be more than happy to end this discussion...Seriously.
Then don't reply to this, just swallow your pride