Music Banter - View Single Post - Worst band on earth?
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2006, 02:38 AM   #516 (permalink)
DontRunMeOver
They call me Tundra Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don
God, fine you don't have to like it, but at least admit you were wrong in saying that Petrucci doesn't feel emotion with his music, it's not that ****ing hard to see it. You call my favourite ever guitar solo “pretty crappy,” and then you're the one ****ing complaining about me hating CttE and other Yes crap??? ****ing hell, you're one stubborn and moronic kid. You remind me of someone who once they believe something to be true, they won't let anyone in the world to tell them they're wrong, even if they present them with a factual document. Sorta like people thinking that Mercury is the hottest planet in our solar system of that Mt. Everest is the tallest mountain on Earth.
I'm just going to say this because I like arguing with Don... it seems a reasonable pastime.

Mt. Everest IS the tallest mountain on Earth, when 'tallest' means height above sea-level. This is the usual way to describe height for mountains. You can redefine the boundaries to say another mountain is higher (underwater mountains etc.) but, by the normal definition, Everest IS the tallest mountain on Earth.

Bearing that in mind, can you explain the point you were trying to make in the phrase I have quoted?