Music Banter - View Single Post - Worst band on earth?
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2006, 02:47 AM   #517 (permalink)
Merkaba
Whitewater!

EDIT: Dontrunmeover is not included in the following rant, i'm just a slow typer.

Jesus christ shutup.

I swear you two were arguing the same shit last week. You won't win by running around in circles. You can't beat each other.

On a side note, theres a difference in the emotion a musician shows and the emotion the listener can hear. When you're listening to DT on the stereo, you can't see the emotion. Petrucci could be having a mental fit of pure effort in the recording studio, but if his guitar is speaking monotone the listener doesn't give two shits.

Thats the reason so many dislike DT. The band may put in unfathomable amounts of emotion personally but the music does nothing to convey it. Thats what it feels like to listen to DT. They are good musicians, I accept that, but their music lacks serious impact. Why can't they play with that level of skill but add some flair. DT don't have flair. The day they can take me by suprise will be the day I like Dream Theater.