Music Banter - View Single Post - ...where we listen to a tape
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2019, 08:16 AM   #34 (permalink)
ziggywas
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Check ‘em out

I think you’ll dig it
nah, not my cup of tea. to be fair i m talkin about a specific album cuz i i shaw they have a huge discography. after 2min searching i choose to download 2007's animism. its too abstract for me. could we call this drone? or ambient-in-a-rock-context? i dont care for it. and when it got less abstract (in the 5th track where a guitar goes in the front) i like it even less.. you fond of them? which album(s)?

i heard a similar (in my ear at least and i m not used to this kind of sound...) record the week before: RMFTM&10.000 Russos. didnt care about it as well (although i love most stuff by 10.000 russos)...

i ll seize this opportunity to say that for some reason the past couple of months people rec me....japanese stuff i ve heard: Mitsutama Sobodan (i hope i got their name at least 50% right..) they re okay, Mid-Air thief (i dont understand why the big fuss about them) , acid mothers temple [great band], Hiroshi Yoshimura's postcards, and Mariah - Utakata No Hibi. the last two were pretty interesting records.

ps. next post i ll add some 2018's honorable mentions that werent on the tape (mostly cuz i havent heard it on time).

Last edited by ziggywas; 04-03-2019 at 06:02 AM. Reason: removed bold
ziggywas is offline   Reply With Quote