Music Banter - View Single Post - ...where we listen to a tape
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2019, 06:00 AM   #36 (permalink)
ziggywas
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
fair enough - I’ll still be keeping my eye open for your faves
i appreciate that considering that most of your posts seem to indicate inclination toward waaaaay more experimental stuff than those in here..

other 2018 stuff i liked:
Carla Dal Forno's ep and ex:re album. i havent heard these on time. especially Carla dal Forno's ep is excellent! i discovered it in MB (i think it was Frownland who talked about it)
the Young Fathers album. i heard this (many times) before i made the tape, but hadnt digested it. its pretty much an ex-hip hop you could say group that made an album of electronica-soul-gospel-pop (at some points i was sure i was hearing michael jackson bumpin in and singin a verse.) and this thing actually made sense and is published by....ninja tune. (in fact i think that they were in big dada - ninja tune's hiphop subsidiary before this album) its a nice record and i think that in a fair world it would be a big (mainstream) success.
Jon Hopkins had a great album out but i didnt knw what to do with it
Childish Gambino - this is america- pretty interesting track-video-political statement.
Tom Waits singin' bella ciao! i cant remember why i didnt use this. maybe it would be unfair to the others
RTJ had a so-so by their standards track but i could easily put it in (Let's Go (The Royal We))

i am definitely forgeting stuff but...that's the way it is, so, nevermind!
[end of tape 1]
ziggywas is offline   Reply With Quote