Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2019, 04:19 AM   #8904 (permalink)
SmokeAndMirrors
Music Addict

1) What song gives you the most joy?

2) What song would be on eternal repeat to torture you in hell?

Anything by Taylor Swift.

3) Who do you wish would record a new album (or their first)?

DOOL.

4) What collaboration would you love to hear?

If DOOL did a split with Lucifer, that would sound awesome.

5) Of musicians who have passed away who do you most miss?

S.L. from TDB in the above video. Because of his approach to writing tension and release and how he'd write segments of songs intentionally designed to allow improvisation etc. The guy was a damn amazing musician and artist.

6) Assuming talent and money are not an issue, if you were to record your own perfect album what would the style and theme be? What supporting musicians/producers would you choose?

Blackened Psychedelic Drone. I'm heavily influenced by scifi/horror works of King and Lovecraft, but I'm also pretty heavily influenced by the actual historical account of mysticism across human history from different origins, everything ranging from the monuments of known mythology to the small tribes living in far off 3rd World villages or huts away from the rest of conventional society within their country, such as the Sadhu and the Yoruba derivatives/inverses or counterpoints/antithesis. Basically, I want to create a sound that, horrifies even me. That's how I know I've done my job right.