Music Banter - View Single Post - No Free Will
Thread: No Free Will
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2019, 09:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
OccultHawk
one-balled nipple jockey

Default No Free Will

Quote:
I find it much more dishonest to claim scientific certainty on something that's unfalsifiable. Do you have a way to accurately test someone making different decisions in the same scenario that accounts for sensory delay and reactivity? If our brains are wired to present options that we then choose from in response to certain stimuli (which is how I view it), would you consider that to be free will or determinism? I've yet to see any evidence that makes the free will illusion theory concrete.
Trying not to hijack blarrob’s journal

I knew you’d have a response like that

The way you’re thinking about it with sensory delay and all that shows how far you have to go.

Whatever “option” you “choose” you “chose” because of your predisposition to do so. Every outside factor works the same way. A meteor in space, a photon, an electron, my fingers, neurons... Science has proven it. It’s proven every time you drop something and it lands where it lands. Cause and effect.

If you believe in any kind of free will you believe in ghosts.

Any AI we create is going to do what’s going to do. Not what we want but just like us if it thinks it’s making a decision that’s just an illusion of evolution.

It’s a tedious thing to try to get people to understand. The simple and obvious truth that chemicals never make decisions. You’re not a magic set of chemicals that make decisions collectively or whatever ridiculous delusion you’re clinging to.

I know how you are. You’ll come up with better arguments than me. Most people will agree with you. But it’s like evolution which is only cause and effect I don’t even like to entertain arguments to the contrary because the matter is entirely settled except from people who grasp at straws because they don’t like it.

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote