Music Banter - View Single Post - Science!
Thread: Science!
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2019, 08:07 PM   #401 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Since we're playing the straw man game, you only believe in that because you don't want to accept responsibility for your actions.
Nein. That merely influences my views. But again, I am lucky (I guess) in that my irrational prejudices leave me no option but to accept the most logical conclusion.

Quote:
My issue with determinism isn't based on its implications, it's based on its unfalsifiability and reliance on fallacies.
If that was true you wouldn't post irrelevant articles that have nothing to do with free will as a desperate attempt to inject uncertainty. You believe in free will in a way that rejects falsifiability in the same way as a Christian brings up the shroud of Turin as evidence of the existence of Jesus. It doesn't matter if I bring up how the shroud of Turin has been debunked because the mere introduction of uncertainty is something to cling to.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote