Music Banter - View Single Post - Science!
Thread: Science!
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2019, 11:56 AM   #433 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
No, they'll probably resort to ad hominem when confronted with the idea that they don't know.

Edit: I'm fairly certain they scoff at people that claim that they were destined to do or be something despite the fact that it's literally what they believe.
I scoff at people who claim destiny as if it were a conscious entity or magical force guiding their lives like God or astrology. And "I don't know" isn't a reasonable stance to stop at because it ignores the reality that believing one and not the other influences how society views itself and their actions resulting from that, and being agnostic is tantamount to believing in free will because you're just going to accept the status quo which is belief in free will. All the circle jerk rationalist garbage in the world isn't going to make you woke.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote