Music Banter - View Single Post - Science!
Thread: Science!
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2019, 12:09 PM   #438 (permalink)
Lucem Ferre
Cuter Than Post Malone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharma & Greg View Post
I scoff at people who claim destiny as if it were a conscious entity or magical force guiding their lives like God or astrology. And "I don't know" isn't a reasonable stance to stop at because it ignores the reality that believing one and not the other influences how society views itself and their actions resulting from that, and being agnostic is tantamount to believing in free will because you're just going to accept the status quo which is belief in free will. All the circle jerk rationalist garbage in the world isn't going to make you woke.
But destiny wouldn't be a 'magical' force since it would be natural. Same with free will if it existed.

If anything it's YOU who are trying to sound 'woke' with the 'I know free will doesn't exist' bull****. And, again, it's calling things 'magical' or throwing preconceived notions of what I believe being you using ad hominem to cover up the fact that you don't know because you can't take the fact that you don't know. It's the equivalent of me claiming that you don't want to believe in free will because it makes the self imposed doom of humanity more digestible if you think it was destiny rather than choice.

I don't believe in free will. I've said that already on here plenty of times. I'm not going to claim that I know free will doesn't exist and I'm not going to pretend it's a fact to fit my own beliefs. That's just grossly narcissistic and masturbatory to claim that you know, it's fact and that anybody that believes in free will just wants to feel 'magical' or 'isn't there yet'.
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote