Music Banter - View Single Post - Pitchfork BitchDork
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2019, 07:43 PM   #194 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieMarie View Post
Neapolitan - That's fantastic, those matching early-Beatles clothes in the first video, awwww. I like the song too, that sudden riff at 2:44 is cool. I adore the second song, it's like a Japanese Beatlemania version of the Raincoats. The way that they used the Please Please Me riff is awesome. And then it ends with the Strawberry Fields outro, great! Love the third one too, mesmerizing riff which combines with the bass in a really cool way
I don't know how apparent The Beatle reference was in the last video was but Plastic Girl in Closet were playing on a roof top.

I try to make a connection with the songs I post. Tennessee Thomas is/was the drummer for The Like, her father played drums for Elvis Costello. Ryan Ross and Jon Walker left Panic! @ the Disco and formed The Young Veins. Z Berg (the lead singer/guitar player of The Like) sang backing vocals on a few of the songs on their album Take A Vacation! I think at the time Ryan Ross and Z Berg were an item and you can see how they both went retro - complete with black & white videos - like they just stepped out of the 60s.

The Like - Wishing He Was Dead

The Young Veins Change Official Video

Elvis Costello & The Attractions - (I Don't Want To Go To) Chelsea

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards

Last edited by Neapolitan; 04-17-2019 at 09:11 PM.
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote