Music Banter - View Single Post - New member... hello...
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2019, 02:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchon View Post
Great video... What a force of nature the guy was...

I find funny that they didn't even try to put psychedelic images in the blue screen... What for, filming the band was psychedelic enough (Next time I'm looking for a drummer, in the requirements I will include "must have his own monocle"... )
Yes and a Fred Flintstone shirt is important indicator that your drummer beat the hell of the drum skins like only a caveman can. The way Captain B H distances himself from the conventional structure of songwriting and typical Rock idioms made him the primogenitor of Zolo and Post-Punk. However he didn't necessarily avoided the Blues idiom like other Prog and PP bands did.

Quote:
melodic hardcore
I never really gave "Melodic Hardcore" a thought. Can't recall if the genre ever been brought up. So I had to look it up the term and I found 7 Seconds is cited as a "Melodic Hardcore" band? hmm ... I must be a fan of it then.

7 Seconds-The Crew

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote