Music Banter - View Single Post - Dreams
Thread: Dreams
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2019, 06:33 AM   #1276 (permalink)
OccultHawk
one-balled nipple jockey

I had two dreams recently that were related to the laborious nature of work. In one, I was having an argument with a coworker with whom I actually really do have occasional arguments. Unsurprisingly, I did have a disagreement with that employee the next day. Just now, I had a more symbolic dream. The most important lesson I’ve learned from the symbolism in my dreams is that it’s a good thing I’m not a writer. It’s always corny and obvious. So there I was back at college except this time as my current quinquagenarian self registering at the dorms. During the course of the dream I went from writing pop songs to *sigh* working in a restaurant. Then for some reason the dorm receptionist girl and my college girlfriend got in an argument and I was trying to get them to peace out apparently because they were working for me somehow. Didn’t quite make sense but you know it was something sexual some how. Then I was dragging this huge wagon like the white people used during the western expansion, like I was a mule or a horse. Obviously, symbolic of not being able to carry the weight of my existence. So pathetic. But also, it was how I feel when I have to carry heavy pans around the restaurant kitchen, sometimes on a clumsy old cart. Irl, our restaurant also owns two food trucks (good luck breaking into that scene now that the big money ****s are on it as a side gig) and sometimes when I’m prepping (which is like all I’m doing recently) I get asked to help load or unload the food truck or to just do it myself. It really kicks me over the edge. I want to do it. I do do it but in reality I’m too ****ing old. It’s so exhausting that it makes the entire rest of my shift painful. The place is loaded with 18-20 year old bussers but instead the look for the oldest most worn out **** in the kitchen to do it. Save me, elph.

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote