Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2019, 09:57 AM   #17735 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rostasi View Post
Because the info is dubious because it comes from officials in the Justice Department and sounds a lot like something Barr himself would say happened. The Trump defenders are excising this little bit of skeptical info and running with it.
^ Yes, Mueller was sufficiently angry to write two letters, to be put on record, explaining that Barr was mis-handling the release of his report. So far, there is little more than Barr's word that Mueller later back-peddled his criticisms in a later convesation.
Also, Barr's denial of knowing that Mueller was unhappy is only one of six false or evasive statements from Barr in yesterday's testimony:-

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/01/u...factcheck.html

To that list of six, I'd add one more as well:

There is also the question about "Did Trump ask for Mueller to be fired?" Barr went into a weedling distinction about the difference between "firing someone" and "asking someone to be removed." Barr claimed that Trump only wanted the latter - even though in Mueller's report, the word used (something like 5 times) is "fired." It's one thing for the supposedly-impartial AG to give Trump the benefit of the doubt, but it is another thing when the AG invents a doubt that is not textually there, and then gives Trump the benefit of that too.
Bottom Line: Barr is a lying partisan charlatan who has betrayed his office, his integrity and the Justice Department all for the sake of placing Trump above the reach of the law.