Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2019, 05:48 AM   #23676 (permalink)
OccultHawk
one-balled nipple jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
Probably know much more than you think being as how Salt Lake has a HUGE hardcore scene and my friend's step dad has a post punk and new wave radio show he runs. He and my friend's mom were doing this **** before you were born back when it was an actual thing prior to it becoming the consumer brand filled with cliche cringe hot topic imagery. They know the goth club owners out here. My friend grew up with it.

I'm still not speaking out of line for calling it a consumer brand in light of you trying to emulate what it was prior to the cliches. I don't need to know about it to know this.

Just as you probably don't know **** about juggalos or horrorcore culture as a whole and nobody is going to argue if you say that it's also a consumer brand.

Edit: Then again, I don't like pretentiously surrounding myself in a cultural echo chamber or bubble, I like being introduced to new ideas, or styles or arts especially when it comes to music.
I used to order obscure punk imports from Raunch Records in SLC in the 80’s even though I didn’t live there. People who were really into punk all across the states and into Canada and even Europe knew about that shop. I was also in a cassette trading club by mail and some dude sent me a few recordings of the owner’s radio show “Behind the Zion Curtain” / His punk collection was notorious for being the best around besides the maximumrocknroll library.

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote