Music Banter - View Single Post - The Purpose of This Website
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2019, 08:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
dreadnought
Bitter Rock Star Wannabe

Default The Purpose of This Website

Hi. A friend of mine and I recently recorded an album, and I’ve asked several questions on this website about the music business. If I get an answer, it’s usually a nasty one. I emailed the website supervisors to see if it was okay to post a link to the album but got no answer.

I then posted a question under the title “SoundExchange,” and got one nasty answer before having the thread closed with no explanation. I’ll repeat the question at the end of this thread.

A moment ago I looked at the bottom of the homepage and read a conversation that wasn’t about music – it was about masturbation. So my question is this: What is the purpose of this website?

Here is the question I asked on “SoundExchange”:

I recently filled out a registration to collect royalties from SoundExchange, and submitted it. I thought I was finished, but another page popped up asking me if I wanted to become a member, either as a performer or a rights owner, or both. Do you have to become a member to collect royalties? I'm not eager to read the lengthy agreements I have sign before I join.