Music Banter - View Single Post - Pitchfork BitchDork
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 10:03 AM   #231 (permalink)
Marie Monday
the bantering battleaxe

Plankton - that Pointer Sisters' song is pleasant and groovy. I love the use of the cymbal and that piano thingy in a different key. Gary Clark Jr. is awesome, gnarly solo. The faces he makes and the way he mouths along are great
Frownland - insane stuff. The solo sounds like the musical equivalent of a mass of frantically squirming worms. I especially liked the part just before it really escalates around 0:30, and the ending. The way the drums beat on a few last times, brilliant.
Dharma & Greg - the first track reminds me of Frownland's rec above it. I like it better than most death metal I've heard but I still wouldn't put this on by myself. The second and third one have awesome drumming, but I can't really get into most of those droning heavy riffs. The Burzum tracks mostly aren't my thing, except that the last one actually has one of the rare metal riffs that I really like, the one that starts at 2:10.
grindy - love it, that bass is amazing
Neapolitan - another great bass. Just when I think it was becoming repetitive that guitar came in, a welcome addition. I like the second one too, cool mathy rhythm, funky also. I sometimes really like computer beats when they're really blunt and unsubtle, like the beat in the third song. Great opening lyrics.
Mindfulness - Linkin Park really isn't my thing, sorry. Who decided this song needed autotune and uninspired rapping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You sound like Buffy after they dragged her back from Heaven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
I want to open a school for MB's lost boys and teach them basic coping skills and build up their self esteem and strengthen their emotional intelligence and teach them about vegetables and institutionalized racism and sexism and then they'll all build a bronze statue of me in my honor and my bronzed titties will forever be groped by the grubby paws of you ****ing whiny pathetic white boys.
Marie Monday is offline   Reply With Quote