Music Banter - View Single Post - Vio-lence's "Eternal Nightmare" has the best guitar in thrash metal. Fight me.
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 08:56 PM   #35 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

hell the **** yeah the singer is amazing. he's got this amazing cadence that he sings in that is wild and off the rails but always serves the rhythms of the songs that makes the off-kilter manic music all that much more intense like you're about to get stabbed in the face at any given moment.

he doesn't have a voice that is immediately noticeable as great but his performance style is as ****ing kick you in the face as any brilliant musician. tbh i didn't mention him cause he gets a lot of **** for not sounding like a metal singer should sing but he's absolutely integral to the band being ****ing perfect on this album.

but seriously though the guitar work is in fact the best of possibly any thrash album ever and you need to recognize that. there's a reason this is a top 5 metal album for me. the way i think of it is the most brutal and methamphetamine-addled new york hardcore album ever made.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.

Last edited by The Batlord; 05-09-2019 at 09:13 PM.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote