Music Banter - View Single Post - Today I Learned...
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2019, 07:35 PM   #270 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I know we’re on the same page so I’m not trying to school you but I still want to point out that yes if you were raised white middle class or higher that’s all you ever heard so of course. But for black kids from the projects they have to learn a new dialect from scratch. Ultimately the only course of action is to accomadate varying dialects without discrimination because the other two choices are linuisticide or perpetual headstarts for whitey.
Yeah of course, but what are telling young black kids? The only way for anything intelligent to happen is to tell young black kids something to make them care. Oh hey that's not happening cause they're a part of a cultural thing that doesn't give a flying **** about middle class white grammar rules.

I mean what is the solution? There is no solution. They don't care, the middle class who are supposed to be "uplifting" them don't care. It's just groups of people passing in the night with supposed interests intersecting who are told they are in the same boat but don't really feel that boat in any meaningful way.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote