Music Banter - View Single Post - Pitchfork BitchDork
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2019, 11:39 PM   #241 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieMarie View Post
Neapolitan - That first band is a lot of fun indeed, especially the first song. The soft background 'ooh la la la''s are a nice touch. Of the second song I mainly liked the guitar playing. The third song is hypnotizing in a pleasant way. It's partly the spoken Japanese, and that swelling wave of sound that occurs twice
I love the second song. Even though I don't understand the lyrics she can convey so much emotion by the way she sings.

So I was going through my plug.dj Japanese playlist to find songs to post for you and I found these. I almost forgot about Afrirampo. They get pretty weird and wild, but that is the sorta thing that draws me, the way Japanese bands are different. While on the subject of Boris: "Statement" reminds me of "Gigantor" so I had to add that too. Wata's fuzz guitar get pretty nasty (but in a good way imho). I love her gear: a black Les Paul and an Orange stack (amp & two speaker cabinets).

【PV】あふりらんぽ 《ミラクルラッキーガールズ》
Afrirampo

BORIS "Statement"

Helmet - Gigantor

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote