Music Banter - View Single Post - Pitchfork BitchDork
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 09:22 AM   #244 (permalink)
Marie Monday
the bantering battleaxe

Dharma & Greg - the first one is awesome, bouncy catchy fun, and I really like the chords and chord combinations. Like in a lot of these Japanese songs part of the fun for me is in the way Japanese sounds, it's a beautiful language but also very well suited for singing, I think. Is the second one what they call drone metal? I can't really get into it. The third one has a lot in common with hardcore punk, except the guitars sound more metal so it's less my thing, but still it's kind of a kick. The fourth sounds a bit like Philip Glass, I like it for the same reason
Neapolitan - I like the singing/yelling of the first song, and how they take turns speak-singing like some badass version of the Spice Girls. I started really getting into the music when it becomes a sort of psychedelic thing around 2:45. And the drums! Liked the whole song even better on second listen. The sound of the main guitar is not really for me (is that the fuzz guitar?), but I really liked the drumbeat switches in the Boris song, and the background oooooh ooh's around 2:15 that fit surprisingly well. I can see how the Boris song reminded you of the Gigantor one. I like the sound of the main guitar better, but the Boris song is more subtle.
This one's a lot of fun though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You sound like Buffy after they dragged her back from Heaven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
I want to open a school for MB's lost boys and teach them basic coping skills and build up their self esteem and strengthen their emotional intelligence and teach them about vegetables and institutionalized racism and sexism and then they'll all build a bronze statue of me in my honor and my bronzed titties will forever be groped by the grubby paws of you ****ing whiny pathetic white boys.
Marie Monday is offline   Reply With Quote