Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2019, 05:09 AM   #61779 (permalink)
OccultHawk
one-balled nipple jockey

My plan is to put in my two week notice in exactly one month. A couple things I thought might work out didn’t but hopefully I’ll have something set up by then. If I’m frugal enough I’ll have the rent covered for July and August before I quit. That’ll give me two months with a roof to transition. I told myself my resume would already be “out there” but it’s not. I have to work on it. I know EVERYBODY thinks it’s insane to quit with nothing lined up but I think if your job is extremely dead end or soul crushing it’s worth the risk. My job isn’t soul crushing but for me it’s dead end. It’s dead end because the demand for energy expenditure is unsustainable for my aging body. There’s no retirement plan. There’s no health benefits. There’s no paid time off. And there’s no upward mobility unless I completely decimated my physical and mental health working endless hours proving I was suitable for management. And even there the managers don’t have a life I consider worth living. They’re chained to the restaurant. It’s odd to say I like this job but mostly I do. It’s just too costly as contradictory as that sounds. Anyway, I’m trying hard to adopt an even more casual frame of mind about it for this final month and two weeks. Work a little slower, get a few more hours, and try to be more conscious about not letting stress invade my body. All along I’ve been fighting this low level warfare to keep my hours down because they work people so hard they drop and I don’t want to drop. I mean it’s a psychological stressor almost everyday to leave. No matter how many times I stress to them I’m only available for so many hours everyday is some kind of an emergency where I’m leaving them in a painful clutch. Everyday they eye me for extra work but I don’t want to leave with no energy for myself. I won’t. So it’s the same mind game everyday now for a year. I define my position. It holds for a week until a different manager or chef gets it in his head I should be his personal assistant on top of my list of tasks. I know this is boring af but it’s really big in my reality. But I’m off to work with the new end in sight mentality. My goal is to give more physically since I’m not setting a permanent precedent and to give even less psychologically since the end is near. Everything is temporary and must only be endured for a bit longer. It’s hard for me to think beyond one day but I’m trying to bring this new mindset with me. This post is so long I might be late.

tl;dr? I don’t blame you lol

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote