Music Banter - View Single Post - Pink Floyd's the wall
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2006, 09:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Stone Magnet
Music Addict

It's the same story as the album. Pink has problems in his childhood and decides to build an imaginary 'wall' in his mind. The 'wall' is meant to isolate him from the cruel world so that he won't have to deal with any more pain. He ends up becoming a rock star, but the idea of the 'wall' backfires and he sends himself spiralling into depression and eventual insanity.

In The Flesh? - Mother: Childhood problems that lead to the building of the 'wall'.

Goodbye Blue Sky - Goodbye Cruel World: The building of the 'wall'.

Hey You - Bring The Boys Back Home: The depression, isolation, reminiscing, etc.

Comfortably Numb, The Show Must Go On: Pink overdoses and sends himself into a comatose state before a concert. The doctor injects him with something to get him out of it so he can play the show.

In The Flesh - Waiting For The Worms: This is when Pink completely loses it. I read that instead of playing the show as planned, he goes out and acts as if it's a Nazi rally, yelling racial slurs at the crowd, etc. He ends up starting a riot and they go through town beating people and whatnot. Personally, I believe he never did any of that. I believe he was driven to the venue, and instead of going to his dressing room, he walked into the washroom and passed out in a stall and dreamed about the Nazi rally.

Stop: The little good left in Pink helps him realize what he's doing and well...stops. Or, if you believe that he dreamed it all, this is when he wakes up.

The Trial: A 'trial' goes on in Pink's own mind and he decides to tear down the 'wall'.

Outside The Wall: Exactly what the song title says. The aftermath.
Stillness breathes apex supreme - I walk toward the mountain.

Crowns the sovereic rite to freedom.
Shored the origin forms to a ground accede.
Axiom core of the light shrine flight to shining.
Glows serene to attenuate the space and time.
Stone Magnet is offline   Reply With Quote