Music Banter - View Single Post - What TV shows are people watching?
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2019, 08:39 AM   #6567 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
Put on BONDiNG while i was mining in my video game last night. Gross misrepresentation of the BDSM scene, poorly writen, and would probably watch more. I think I was more amused by how terrible it was than the humor itself.
"poorly writen"
__________________________________________________ __________________________

I'm watching a Netfix series called Rain, which is an example of what now appears to be a genre: the fate of an apocalyptic world is in the hands of a small band of adolescents.

Rain is intriguing at first, as who isn't curious about seeing bits of post-apocalyptic Scandanavia. But to me the most satisfying scenarios of this type are when the embattled survivors are fighting back against a physical enemy, as in The Walking Dead. The problem with Rain is that the enemy is a virus whose mutation and method of transmission I could never quite work out. So for me personally, there is not enough hand-to-hand combat or scientific logic in this prog, but on the other hand, there's plenty of frustrated romance: stealing a quick kiss, then "Sorry, gotta go and save the planet." Are scenes like that popular with viewers, or just with directors who seem to use them ad nauseam ?