Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2019, 04:07 PM   #1921 (permalink)
Oriphiel
Ask me how!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
What you are talking about is basically the Nordic model of social democracy that you see in countries like Denmark. Capitalism and the free market are still present, just a lot more regulated in key areas so that you don't get corporatism.

Not a perfect system (and the taxes can be egregious to the middle class under certain circumstances), but still most likely the "best" system in regards to maximizing happiness, wealth and stability for all citizens at all income levels. Yang and Sanders want to move the U.S. in that direction....though IMO Yang has a better grasp on the processes that would need to be implemented to actually bring those changes about.
Oh ****, we're agreeing on something. *penis highfive*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
Cant even get 40 morons to not stand in the fire in a mmorpg and you want the middle class to put pressure on the rich? I'm just going to keep following the ideologies I agree with on an individual level aka veganism, voting with my dollar, etc, and hope I inspire a couple people along the way cause I dont have enough faith in humanity to view your wall of text as a viable mechanism for change.
I mean, the serfs in France were pretty busy working nonstop just to have enough to stay alive, yet they managed to find the time to get all head choppy.

We're living in an age when people have a higher average intelligence than ever before, as well as more free time than people in the lower castes have traditionally been granted (except for game developers being forced to work 100+ hour work weeks for fear of being blacklisted lol). I think we've got a pretty good chance of accomplishing great things, and without having to take any heads off. Even if all we do is put some sort of cap on wealth, even one that barely makes a difference, it'll still be a great legacy to pass on to future generations, something that can really be built off of. If our generation accomplishes just that one thing, our posterity might forgive us for the manbuns.
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote