Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2019, 04:50 PM   #1926 (permalink)
Oriphiel
Ask me how!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
There are no trillionaires just yet but I deeply respect the motive behind your post.

I hate to say this because very few people seem capable of visualizing this truth but the truth is there have been horrible disparities ever since the advent of money and private property. We’re always going to be pissing against the wind unless we abolish money and private property altogether. All oppression is a byproduct of those two things.

We’re not just barking up the wrong tree. We’re barking in the wrong forest. The right forest doesn’t even exist. Right now it’s just desert. If you even talk about what actually needs to be done you’ll be written off as a crank.
I disagree. As gross as capitalism can be, I think with the right safeguards, it's still the best option for a country that wants to stay relevant, in terms of science, education, quality of life, medical care, etc. People can have private property while still being protected from extreme corruption and exploitation.

And we can also turn the focus back on renewable energy sources, and finding food and room for everyone. There are billions of us, right? At least some of those billions have to have some ideas. Especially since the average level of intelligence has risen over the years. We're a big, crazy family. We can work this **** out.

It just takes people giving a **** and standing up for themselves, rather than being penned into one of two goofy ass camps. I really do believe that with the proper motivation and inspiration, the average person is intelligent enough to see the truth and take action. Maybe that's why instead of voting, I usually spend my time writing instead. It's infinitely more important than picking one of two poisons, or even dignifying their broken game with a hint of legitimacy.

Maybe in the future, if we can get rid of all the borders and military forces, a sort of global commune might work. Until then, any country that tries something like that will immediately be invaded by Russia. Because Russia truly does not give a ****.
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote