Music Banter - View Single Post - Pitchfork BitchDork
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2019, 02:14 PM   #264 (permalink)
Marie Monday
the bantering battleaxe

grindy - The singing is something to get used to, it sounds a bit like Mongolian throat singing if I remember correctly (I heard that once a long time ago). I admire it more than that I enjoy it

Nea part 1 - I like change in tone and atmosphere when the Veronica Falls song transitions into the chorus. Bouncy fresh fun. The second song is pleasant but does not really stand out for me. I liked the Blondie cover, it’s atmospheric and subtly dark and the ending is great.

Plankton - funky, I liked the sound texture, it’s almost tangible. The freaky part at the end is awesome

Anteater - First song: nice catchy chorus, the echo-y sound is not really for me, but I like the chord progressions a lot, and I appreciate references to math. I like the sound of the guitar of the second song, and the dreamy background. It goes on a bit long in the same way, but I found myself getting into it.

Ant & Nea: I like the extra punch that the Kimonos version gives, but apart from that I prefer the other version

Nea part 2 - I like these songs for the same reason as the Drab Majesty song that Anteater recommended. I’m starting to really appreciate their sound too, it’s very post-punk like actually. I loved the the start of the second song, the whole song actually.

Bat - I quickly listened to one of the Radio Birdman songs that you posted before and it didn’t click much immediately, but I love this first one. I reminds me a lot of this:

The second one is great too. I get what you said about them not taking a lot of risks, but what they do is really effective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You sound like Buffy after they dragged her back from Heaven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
I want to open a school for MB's lost boys and teach them basic coping skills and build up their self esteem and strengthen their emotional intelligence and teach them about vegetables and institutionalized racism and sexism and then they'll all build a bronze statue of me in my honor and my bronzed titties will forever be groped by the grubby paws of you ****ing whiny pathetic white boys.
Marie Monday is offline   Reply With Quote