Music Banter - View Single Post - Modern Rock In Just Nine Songs
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 06:18 AM   #27 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Well, it's nice to see some more members adding something to this thread. Is it just happenstance or is it because Pixies are a band that generate more response? Looks like the latter to me: popular bands get overplayed or over-rated and then comes a resentful backlash....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
Probably none, or none I can articulate. It's not so much a comparison, as it is to prove a point. Well it basically come down to all I hear about is how everybody imitates the Pixies: Nirvana ... or whoever ... maybe every other 90s alt-Rock band ... etc etc. Well look at who's imitating who. Black Francis has literally stolen D Boon's look.
^ Yep, plenty of superficial similarity there, Neapolitan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
fictional job interview

Lisna (business owner who needs an engineer): So, tell me about your education.

Engineer: Well, I decided on MIT and just completed my Engineering Doctorate a few weeks ago.

Lisna: *groan* Sounds like somebody spent a little too much time at the Massachusetts Institution of (adds sarcastic tone) Technology.
^ LOL at your scenario, OH ! Perhaps we can't agree on the merits of Monkey Gone To Heaven, or of Lou Reed as a model for vocalists, so I thought I'd move on to Song #4, which we can both enthuse about:-

Song #4: Pavement - Summer Babe (1992)

^ It's obviously the guitar which makes this track, and I love everything about it: the tone, the attack and the way it's centre-stage throughout. This is a band I might play more of, hoping that Summer Babe is typical of their style. Good rec, Mo and OH