Music Banter - View Single Post - My Intro
Thread: My Intro
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2019, 11:50 AM   #18 (permalink)
ziggywas
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
he blamed the fans for being closed minded and blah blah

when in reality it was a fluke that The Pumpkins were ever popular and they had about 2 albums worth of huge success no matter what

imo the best of Machina 1+2 would make for a pretty badass album but it's of endless contention between fans as to which tracks would make the cut on such an album
in my opinion they didnt even have the songs at the time..
if you do records like siamese dream and then mellon collie, a bunch of ok or even good songs, in the same direction, isnt enough.especially when in between you did a completely diferrent sounding record like adore.

after something like that , you dont look back. billy corgan blamed the fans and then tried to do what he thaught the fans anticipated...

i am very happy i got to see them live at the adore tour, because i would never have any interest to see them after that. it was great. but i rememeber listening to the radio a press conferance with bc and he just bloody moaned and was half-apologizing, and at the same time having a "you dont understand " attitude, and was using the word "rock" way too much. he also told us a stupid story, which i cant exactly remember, but kinda expressed the same feelings, before/while they played the last track of the concert ..
ziggywas is offline   Reply With Quote