Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2019, 02:07 PM   #62300 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits

We've had this dude about my age coming in over the last two months selling his record collection piece by piece. Metal, punk, grindcore, hardcore, darkwave, indie...all sorts of great f*cking stuff. We had our suspicions that drugs were involved because he was very remorseful about selling them and also vague as to why he needed the money. Either way, he sort of became a friend of the store.

One of his friends who shops here pretty much guessed that the influx of awesome records that we've been getting have been coming from him. He asked us to call him next time he comes in because he'd like to buy them. Now, I thought this was just a dude that wanted to get his friends records on the sly. Was wrong about that. Turns out he wanted to buy them because he knows how much they mean to him and he pretty much told us about the dudes drug issues without outright saying it. My guess is that he's paying off a dealer with the proceeds. We have paid him close to ten thousand dollars for the collection so you can guess how good these records are. Original presses. Took a long time to collect these.

I know they're just records but it makes me very sad that he's had to resort to selling his possessions, albeit for more than fair prices, to get out of trouble. It's been hard to buy these knowing what I thought I knew, and now, basically being told my assumptions were correct.

He just left. He gave me a hug and said thanks. Now I'm all sad.

Don't do drugs peoples.

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote