Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 05:43 AM   #62485 (permalink)
innerspaceboy
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
All those repairs don’t sit right with me. I’m hesitant to say it because obviously I don’t know. At around 100,000 you let some **** go. Cracked radiator? Show me. How cracked? Is this a problem now or a potential problem? How far off. Let me get a picture of it to show my uncle in Virginia.

The last part about “hopefully” sounds pretty passive on your part. You just spent $3500. It better be ****ing fixed.

My old beater leaks oil. I just check it almost every time I drive. That ain’t no solution, I know but I have a good relationship with a local shop and they even said it wasn’t worth it. Right now I couldn’t get 3 grand to save my life.

The good thing about the dealer is the will usually get you squared away but if you find a good local shop they’ll hopefully show your wallet some discretion as well.
You're right. They did save me some money - a factory radiator would have been $600 but they found an aftermarket unit for $228 with tax and no additional labor. And while the mom and pop garage said water pump replacement is mandatory on all timing belt replacements the dealer said no - any Subaru after 2003 has a water pump good for 250,000 mi and saved me another $250 right there, so I trust that it wasn't a con.

They also gave me a 2019 loaner at no charge for the 3 days it took for the repair. They said if it wasn't ready in time for my trip to not worry about it and go on my trip with the rental.

The car was severely leaking oil - billowing burning oil smoke from the hood and choking me through the vents while so drove, so it was a serious issue.

I really hope it's fixed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You are to all of us what Betelgeuse is to the sun in terms of musical diversity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo_ View Post
You sir are a true character. I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You, sir, are a nerd's nerd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
Just chiming in to declare that your posts are a source of life and wholesomeness
The Innerspace Connection | Essential Recordings | Top Archives | Hot 100 Albums | Top 550 Artists
innerspaceboy is offline   Reply With Quote