Music Banter - View Single Post - Ego Tripping
Thread: Ego Tripping
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 06:38 AM   #292 (permalink)
Zhanteimi
Mord

The Song of Eternal Numbers: 7/10. Pretty close to what I like, but it irks me when someone's mother tongue isn't English but they sing in English. What a waste! Also, a little less on the overzealous string quartet, please.

I counter with this:
Spoiler for Jane, Jane:

Cursed Sleep: 6/10. I rated his canonical debut album 6/10 some years ago. This track does what it wants to do, but what it wants is an alt-country vibe I'm not really down with. There's too much America in this without being American enough.

Whip Poor Will: I've heard this song and this whole album before. Rated it a 6/10 some years ago. Upon this re-listen, I give it a 6/10 still. I'm beyond made-in-my-bedroom folk.

Breathe: 4/10. I kind of hate slowcore. I am a phoenix, someone who bursts into violent life through a continual conflagration of my spirit. Slowcore is the antithesis of the song my being resonates to.

Black Willow: Another one I've already heard and rejected. Gave this whole album a 6/10 last year and stand by it. WWWP, please tell me you're just guessing at what I'd like and don't actually like this kinda boring music. 5/10 for this particular track. (They could've sung in French, by the way.)

Run Cried the Crawling: I'd been meaning to check her out but had recently forgotten! Gonna go ahead and pass on hr now. 5/10. No fire.

Easy to Be Around: Five years ago I would've loved this kind of DIY-girl-folk thing. The fragile strength of the vocals are nice, but overall 6/10.

It Can't Be You: This might be the worst song of the bunch, a boring woman caterwauling "you"...and that fake passionate Tracy Chapman vibrato to her voice. *snaps fingers* Fetch me my crossbow! 2/10.

"White" music isn't what you should think when you think about what music I like. After all, Exuma is one of my favorite albums.

Final Score: 41/80, or 51% (if my math is correct).

Again, I thank you for your kind consideration, but please remember that "white" doesn't mean "boring".

LetsTalkMusic
Zhanteimi is offline   Reply With Quote