Music Banter - View Single Post - Member Picture Gallery
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2019, 01:13 PM   #37836 (permalink)
innerspaceboy
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Right on! Glad some things have seem to fallen in place for you and you’re having a good time.

Have you listened to this year’s releases by 36? It reminds me a lot of Timewind which makes me think you’d really like it.

Also with a nod to Frwny: Keiji Haino & Charles Hayward - A Loss Permitted To Open Its Eyes For But Three Hours And There Glimpsed, Finally In Focus A Mystery That Begs Earnestly, "Ask Me Nothing" Now, Once More The Problem Is Yours Alone.

I think you’ll dig it.
Thanks! I'm definitely interested in quality minimal and drone music. I've had your drone thread bookmarked for ages but life's been too crazy for me to give it the attention and time it deserves.

Most of the ambient listening I do is background ambience while I take my lunch break and longform drone for 8 hours every night while I sleep.

I hadn't listened to 36 but am intrigued by his connections to Ultimae Records and ASIP. And scanning through reviews I see that Hypersona was compared to Eno's classic Apollo LP so I'll definitely have to check it out!

Right now I'm really digging undne / _ne for his lowercase music. It's so quiet and subtle that it's impossible to determine what sounds are incidental and which are part of the composition. I love it. (I have a short YT playlist of his work from a friend if anyone is interested -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
place looks like its from a movie
Just as a note for those who didn't recognize the photo - it's the set from Sesame Street.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You are to all of us what Betelgeuse is to the sun in terms of musical diversity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo_ View Post
You sir are a true character. I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You, sir, are a nerd's nerd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
Just chiming in to declare that your posts are a source of life and wholesomeness
The Innerspace Connection | Essential Recordings | Top Archives | Hot 100 Albums | Top 550 Artists
innerspaceboy is offline   Reply With Quote