Music Banter - View Single Post - Official Mental Health Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 07:54 PM   #492 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Yeah that’s really good

Thanks for posting that

He talks about Mark Fisher, a writer I’ve mentioned on MB a few times. We’re almost exactly the same age and when I read his book I felt like wow he’s really found a way to make a niche for himself in the world that makes me envious. Writing about Joy Division and how ****ty capitalism is but he ended up killing himself not long thereafter.

But yeah that guy covers the subject very well in that video. It’s exhausting though.
I think this is the real difference at the core between the right and the left. On the right all I here is attacks and deconstruction, but with Philosophy Tube (this guy), Contrapoints, hbomberguy, and other truly good leftist Youtubers I here compassion and a desire to reach out. The right wants to justify that which has already happened but the left wants to understand and help because they're dealing with new ideas that old truths are incapable of addressing. Sure plenty of leftists suck and plenty of rightwingers care, but the leftists who suck are trying to justify leftist dogma and the rightwingers who care are setting aside that which they already believe and are trying to understand. Some of the best ideas about being a human being recently have been from some of these leftist Youtubers who legitimately care and aren't just spouting leftist rhetoric.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote