Music Banter - View Single Post - Official Mental Health Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 07:48 AM   #516 (permalink)
Key

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanteimi View Post
I'm not trying to gatekeep suffering. I just don't get why people are depressed. My honest reaction is, "Fuck you! Get off your ass! We've all got problems!"

I never say that, but that's what I feel. It's just my natural reaction. I was horribly abused (physically and sexually) as a child, but I still did well in school and made something of myself. I never once lay in bed and felt sorry for myself or wallowed in lack of desire to do anything. I just don't get it.

Shit needs to get done. Motherfucker, get up and do it!

Again, I could be going about this all wrong, but this is my experience and my feelings.

Sorry, just rambling here...you (a person, not anyone specific here) lie in bed in your depression because you have the luxury to do so. You get food. You have shelter. You wish you're dead? Bullshit. Have someone start firing a gun at you, and you'll be weeping for your life to be spared.
You're right in that you have no idea what depression is like or what it's like for people that deal with it on a daily basis. Mostly because you share the same opinion of other people that dont understand it.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote