Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2019, 05:29 PM   #18193 (permalink)
OccultHawk
one-balled nipple jockey

Quote:
the school experience is a compound of many things that may well be helpful in later life (incl social survival) and that's why online and home schooling, to me, are not useful substitutes for attending state schools. Unless you live in the Arctic Circle or some other place with an unreliable bus service, online/home schooling seem to me like an admission of defeat, and a failure, on the part of society, to provide a counterbalance to weirdo parents' indoctrination/abuse.
It’s hard for me to understand why so many people think school is universally right for every kid. Even if you think school is on balance the best choice for the vast majority of kids can’t you recognize that for at least some outliers it’s a total disaster to the point where whatever silver lining you might be able to point to like socialization and survival lessons are irrelevant? I mean hell I’m just going to say that this outlier of community kids definitely exist. For some kids, school is absolutely a net loss. And for some of those NOTHING is gained. It’s just bad. So it baffles me. I’m incredulous even as to why people are so insistent that EVERY kid must attend school.

For some kids school is so painful suicide is the right choice. Same as someone who doesn’t want to go through end game Alzheimer’s. Not for many. It may be very rare but for some it is like that. And they ****ing kill themselves.

I also suspect that the suffering that some children endure just going to school is greater than all the suffering caused by a school shooter in total including that of bereaved parents of the students who are murdered.

There are kids who decide they would rather die and then actually kill themselves because that’s how adverse they are to going to school. But still, even in the face of all that the singular message is: STAY IN SCHOOL.

**** that

If it’s got you ****ed up do something else. It’s honestly not that ****ing important for EVERYBODY.

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote