Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2019, 06:19 PM   #18197 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
Compulsory education seems like bull**** to me when it doesn't seem to give anyone a grasp on how to handle what comes afterward.
This right here is absolute. People don't really use checks anymore but back when I was in school they did and I remember only once ever being taught how to balance a checkbook and it was like an afterthought because it wasn't "core education". Why doesn't education teach you about bills and budgeting and all those other things that are important to actually living life beyond the career stuff that's too basic to help the majority of kids who never go to college anyway? There are so many vastly important things that I guess is assumed will be left to the parents because that's probably how things were done when public education was invented but now that the government educates children parents assume everything will be taken care of and they can take their eye off the ball.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote