Music Banter - View Single Post - Official Mental Health Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2019, 04:23 PM   #561 (permalink)
DwnWthVwls
Fck Ths Thngs

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
It’s actually very problematic that depression is pretty much self-diagnosed. It’s also a catchall diagnosis when the doctor doesn’t know wtf is going on. Before anyone is diagnosed with a mental disorder they should be given a goddamn brain scan. The way it goes now you go to the doctor and describe your symptoms and fill out some moronic questionnaire and then get drugs X, Y, and Z. If they think your arm is broken they take a ****ing x-ray. It is as if even the medical community still thinks emotions have non-physiological causes like it’s mysticism instead of brain chemistry. And what’s even more obscene is therapists in general usually know absolutely nothing about neurology. Often they believe that mental illness doesn’t have to be neurological. That’s as stupid as saying if the patient thinks his arm is broken then it’s definitely really broken.
We know a lot more about broken arms than we do about brain function. Do you even know anything about how these mental health issues present themselves neurologically?

I get pretty gnarly Call of the Void on one specific bridge I drive over omw to work and from heights. You expect doctors to properly diagnose that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump

Last edited by DwnWthVwls; 07-06-2019 at 04:35 PM.
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote