Music Banter - View Single Post - Have any of you heard of clutch?
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2019, 11:41 AM   #111 (permalink)
youdoofus
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
A decade later and I'm pretty ashamed of this statement

Maybe there's less aggression in my life. Time does funny things. I still wouldn't call PRF their best album but it certainly has more going for it than the title track.

As for the evolution of the band, when asked what's Clutch - my answer is Blues. Not blues rock / white-guy-wanking-a-guitar-in-Eminor. The Blues. Man screaming about the ills of the world he's forced to face.

Yes, they have some straight rock albums - Earth Rocker is solid rock start to finish. But Psychic Warfare and most recently The Book of Bad Decisions are very much a return to form to the bluesy jam based reflections on the world. I don't think Neil and the boys have really peaked in this current phase either. The next one should be really good.

They're one of the only bands where I will purchase a new album without hearing anything first.
Pure Rock Fury was a great album, it had several classic Clutch greats on it. Ive seen them 15 times and theyre going to be in a town about 45 minutes from me next thursday, and thall make 16 times ive seen em

physchic warfare is an incredible album and it is definitely blues with some splashes of somewhat harder rock thrown in for good measure.

i wasnt a fan of earth rocker, even tho i have a wolfman hoodie

book of bad decisions is decent, but not their best offering

I do eagerly await their new release slated to come out pretty soon, they just dropped a single on youtube
youdoofus is offline   Reply With Quote