Music Banter - View Single Post - The Spam Thread: Channel Your Need to Spam Here Only
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2019, 05:35 PM   #23691 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Just speaking in terms of adoption here. Those kinds of sites exist to fill a more niche role than what YouTube offers. Moving away from that niche would increase their appeal generally, but they're still up against established names and it will water down the content for their original audiences.

I also think that dethroning YouTube as the main online videos site won't end the censorship. YouTube is kind of like McDonald's at this point where they're caving to public pressures (and lawsuits) to create these policies. If they didn't have the public eye on them as the video site, then they would likely have a much less restrictive model.

At the end of the day, brand recognition is everything. Google it.
Totes. So many libs have been talking about Youtube doing something about restricting far right content and that rabbit hole that leads people to straight up white supremacist content. Guess what. This is Youtube's solution. Restrict everything cause they don't have the personnel to police things in an intelligent way. I've seen creators on the left warning about this and now it looks like they were right.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote